Thursday, July 3, 2008

On Gay marriage

Well, I don't hate gays, but I am against Gay marriage. If there is a vote on Gay marriage, I will give up the vote to save gas, that is how important the issue is to me.

The more interesting part will be, how far should we go to extend the idea of marriage. If we allow Gays to marry, how about polygamists? Do we also want to legalize for a man to marry several women, or a woman to marry several man? How about the age to marriage? I know a story about a female teacher and her student who has several kids together, and she got thrown into jail. It is the voters that give the government the power to do that, but is that really want we want?

Maybe the government should not have any power over our marriage issues, but if that is true, what about the ones who want to avoid their responsibility in a marriage, i.e. support the children?

No comments: