Sunday, October 7, 2007

Chinese WOW players

Recently I read a story about a chinese girl dead after playing WOW. I forget the details but looks like she played for 3 days straight, and her friend said she told them she was exhausted after playing.

There might be a culture difference between how Americans and Asians playing this game, where the chinese player take this game more seriously (less the Gold Farmers of course). Each chinese family can only have one child, so they might be spoil the child more as well.

I think it will be a good idea to make a bot for the chinese people, but there are huge problems. I have downloaded the Taiwanese version of the game and it works fine with my bot, but to download the Chinese version, I have to have a valid chinese citizen's card (Impossible for me). There is also no way to accept payment, but that will be fine, if I know my bot can help people, I will let them have it for free. All my previous freewares are free so no big deal.

No comments: