Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Found Beethoven

I was with my wife at a store, and found some classical CDs on sale. One of them is Beethoven's 5th and 9th combined (imagine that!).

When I was very young I loved classical musics. Initially I heard a shortened piano piece of Beethoven's 5th, and that leads me to others. I like the 5th, 6th and 9th. I could recite most of the 5th and 6th, but some how can't remember the rhythm of the 9th.

While driving home, I tried to impress my wife with the CD. Naturally I picked the 9th because I remember it was the easiest to get on. But I failed badly. The 9th has some sudden changes that wife didn't like, she liked 5th more, but the 5th has too much strong elements. Later on we turned to FM stations.

I am very happy about the discovery, because it has been so long since I heard classical music. Next step would be to find the violin piece by Mendelssohn, I am sure wife will love it :-)

No comments: