Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Win 7 Internet Security 2011 – Unregistred Version scam

I was browse Drudge report and all of a sudden a UAC dialog popup, the details shows "File Operation". I know it must be a virus and closed it. Then another dialog popup as well, "File Operation" and there is GUID in details (too bad I didn't record it). I denied it as well.

To my surprise, a Win 7 Internet sccurity 2011 window appeared, definitely not from brower, and shows virus scanning in progress!!! I denied the UAC and IE9 still changed my computer??!!

On the internet, saw the blog with same problem. He run security scan (MSSE) and fixed the bug. I will try to do the same.

http://geekswithblogs.net/mikebmcl/archive/2011/05/01/fake-anti-virus-software-psa-win-7-internet-security-2011.aspx

No comments: