Monday, February 1, 2010

Making a product is hard

I am still making my own game of space conquest (I am thinking about calling it ArkStream, all the other names seems to be taken).

It is harder than I thought. First I don't have any continues block of time for anything now, and also polishing the game is taking much longer than I thought.

Initially I thought the mathematical part is the hardest, but now all of that has finished (path finding, turret rotation etc). The hard thing now turned out to be how to make the game look good, and attractive.

The game is to a point where the computer can sends ships to my planet (and I screwed up the part where I send ships to other planets), and have a space battle. The battle looks bad. Everything looks so plain, and it can't give me the "feeling".

No comments: