Thursday, November 8, 2007


Yesterday I found out from a user that my most recent update for almost 2 weeks has a random crash bug. I am assuming STL string are terminated with a zero, so if there are some random non-zero char at the end, C++ run time will assert on accessing past string bounds. I run for 2 weeks with the same code and always got lucky :-)

Well, that is not the first time such mistakes are made. For half an year after my initial release, I didn't realize that I was building the executable with dynamic link, which requires a dll that most of the users won't have (Unless they also are developers and install VC++). So the turn around time is pretty fast for my last weeks mistakes

No comments: